Adoption Rules, Guidelines and Fees:
- The first step in the adoption process is filling out an application. You can do this online under the Forms/Applications link. We do not arrange visits to meet dogs without an application. If you'd like to meet a variety of dogs without filling out an application please attend one of our events, listed under the events link.
- After we receive your application you will be contacted for a brief interview. We want to be sure that the dog you are applying for is a right fit for your family.
- We will then contact your references, both personal and vet.
- A Home Visit will be conducted by one of our volunteers. If you live out of our area we will attempt to locate a rescue to help us with the visit.
Adopting families must agree
Haven to Home will not adopt our dogs to families who do not have current pets spayed or neutered, unless there is a valid medical reason which your veterinarian can confirm. Having your pets spayed/neutered indicates to us that you are aware of the tragic pet-overpopulation and are doing your part to prevent more unwanted animals coming into the world.
- You must have a home phone number and valid address.
- If you rent, we will be checking with your landlord to make sure dogs are allowed.
- No adoptions to grown children living at home without parental consent.
- You must be 21 years of age or older to adopt an animal.
- Haven to Home will not adopt a pet to an outside only home. Pets must live inside and be part of the family, outside dogs tend to be neglected.
- If a dog is old enough she/he will be spayed or neutered by a local veterinarian before they are available to be taken home. If they are not old enough, approved applicant must sign a contract stating that they will have the dog spayed/neutered by 5-6 months of age and provide us with proof when it is done. A $50 deposit will be collected in addition to the adoption fee and returned to you upon receipt of proof of alteration.
- We reserve the right to refuse any adoption.
Before adopting ask yourself the following
Adoption fees are listed below; however, they are subject to change based on the care we provide for the dog while in foster care. All of our dogs are fully vetted. They receive vaccines, are tested for heartworm, erlichia and lymes, are treated for any medical problems, are spayed/neutered, and are started on Heartworm and Flea/Tick preventative. All fees include 6% PA State sales tax. Effective 7/1/2017 all dogs will be microchipped with registration completed by H2H.
Connect With Us